[DPRG] How to get Linux onto a old small laptop

Subject: [DPRG] How to get Linux onto a old small laptop
From: Earl Bollinger earlwbollinger at attbi.com
Date: Fri Nov 8 06:51:00 CST 2002

I have a old Itronix ruggedized Laptop.
Pretty neat actually, has a magnesium case, cushioned LCD panel, etc.
Anyway they use a external PCMCIA floppy disk drive and have no internal CD
rom drive.
You have to use a PCMCIA external CD ROM drive as well. I may be able to
plug both
the floppy and CD rom in at the same time as it does have two card slots.

The trick is getting it to install Linux, the hard disk doesn't exactly have
tons of space on it.
Has anybody got any ideas on how to accomplish this feat? Granted I can just
put Windows 95 on it,
but Linux would be nice.

I happened to notice that
http://www.computersurplusoutlet.com/showproduct.asp?category=3&subcategory=