[DPRG] How to get Linux onto a old small laptop

Subject: [DPRG] How to get Linux onto a old small laptop
From: Dave Hylands dhylands at broadcom.com
Date: Fri Nov 8 10:04:00 CST 2002

Hi Earl,

I haven't used any of these but this is my collection of small Linux
distributions:

http://lfs.activalink.com/lfs/intro.shtml
http://www.tzi.de/~pharao90/ttylinux/
http://rescuecd.sourceforge.net/
http://freshmeat.net/projects/natld/?topic_id=55%2C91
http://freshmeat.net/projects/bick/?topic_id=253
http://freshmeat.net/projects/superrescue/?topic_id=866%2C861

The first link (Linux From Scratch) will allow you to build a custom
installation. At work we're using a really small Linux distribution (built

--
Dave Hylands
Vancouver, BC, Canada

3&subcategory=