[DPRG] HP QEDS 7099 Optical Rotary Encoder

Subject: [DPRG] HP QEDS 7099 Optical Rotary Encoder
From: Earl Bollinger earlwbollinger at attbi.com
Date: Sun Nov 10 00:08:01 CST 2002

Well, in looking at a number of HEDS type optical/rotary encoders
would it be safe to assume that they are mostly standardized, in that a five
pin
encoder would have these pinouts?
1 - Out B
2 - Vcc
3 - Out A
4 - not connected (index?)
5 - common or ground

And Vcc should mostly work at 5v for these things?

Granted they have 4 pin, 8 pin and ten pin suckers, but the five pin ones
all
seem to have this layout.