[DPRG] Problems running the CMUCam Java GUI App under Windows 2000

Subject: [DPRG] Problems running the CMUCam Java GUI App under Windows 2000
From: Earl Bollinger earlwbollinger at attbi.com
Date: Tue Nov 19 07:57:01 CST 2002

It gets better and better, the JRE seems to work to some extent, in that
it'll run Applets,
and web java apps.
But the simple HelloWorldApp.Java program will compile OK (at least no error
messages), pukes
when you run it with a whole bunch of assorted error messages.

I guess I'll have to try Windows ME on my laptop and see if it does any
better at this or not.

I'll also try and find my copy of Symantec Visual Cafe, it is a pre ver 2.0
JRE so maybe it might work. But the last time I ran this, it could only run
apps while you were within the IDE, they couldn't be run standalone. The
previous release would build apps that were standalone (without needing the
IDE to run).