[DPRG] Accelerometer Questions

Subject: [DPRG] Accelerometer Questions
From: Frank & Gail Elia elia_frank at hotmail.com
Date: Wed Nov 20 18:12:00 CST 2002

Has anyone worked with the ADXL105 or similar from Analog Devices?

I need to find a way to tell if I am moving underwater.This past weekend I
found myself diving in Lake Travis. At the bottom of the Lake it was so dark
even powerful lights didn't help. The problem was having no reference, I
could not tell if I was ascending/descending without constantly monitoring
my dive computer. What I want is a simple device that will tell my if I'm
going up or down via a simple audio tone.

You could monitor changes in pressure, but it seems an accelerometer would
do the job more simply, but I'm open to suggestions.

Frank