[DPRG] Accelerometer Questions

Subject: [DPRG] Accelerometer Questions
From: bill billa at longrange.net
Date: Wed Nov 20 19:07:01 CST 2002

Frank & Gail Elia wrote:
> Hey Dan
> I've done a quick search for prssure sensors and there seems to be options.
> Do you have any recommendations. Max depth would be 300 ft.
> Frank

> > >  What I want is a simple device that willtell my if I'm
> > > going up or down via a simple audio tone.

What if you use a differential pressure sensor?

The one side would be open to water pressure and
the other side would be connected to a bottle.
The bottle would have a small hole in the bottom so that it
lets water in and out slowly.
A air filled Balloon would have to be placed in the bottle since
water is not very compressible.

The result is that if you are going up the pressure in the
bottle would be higher than the water pressure.
And if you go down the water pressure would be higher than the bottle.

--
Bill, Arden (Embedded systems designer) http://www.soraca.com
http://www.longrange.net/battlebots.html