[DPRG] MINI RADIO_CONTROLLED CARS

Subject: [DPRG] MINI RADIO_CONTROLLED CARS
From: Earl Bollinger earlwbollinger at attbi.com
Date: Mon Nov 25 20:29:01 CST 2002

I've figured out how to convert the Microsizer into a autonomous robot.
I just haven't gotten the guts to dremel off the epoxy blob yet.
You have to be careful and not damage the transistor bias resistors.
My method is to exorcise the radio receiver, then carefully graft in a tiny
Atmega8 PCB
that I have. I want to preserve the 1.2v to 3v DC-DC converter they have on
the PCB as I can't
make one that small myself yet. Plus you need to use extra care as they use
#56 gauge magnet wire for the front steering coils, very fragile stuff.
I want to be all prepared in body and mind, and take pics too, when I go and
do it.

Another guy on the internet someplace hacked into a tiny car that uses IR
for it's signals. He used a Basic Stamp for his conversion.