[DPRG] programmable mobile robots for under $20

Subject: [DPRG] programmable mobile robots for under $20
From: Glenn Pipe ggpipe at yahoo.com
Date: Sat Aug 16 13:30:01 CDT 2003

>I did it - so can you:

I did it too. Pretty amazing what you get for $20. I
noticed the Fry's sticker price had been marked down
several times. The starting price was $60. It has a
much better engineered drivetrain than any of the
other cheap robot kits I have seen. It has a usable
amount of torque and speed. Of course since it is lego
you can easily change that. I wonder if we could hack
a motor encoder or other sensors onto those things?

Glenn Pipe