[DPRG] hard drive partition

Subject: [DPRG] hard drive partition
From: Bill Boyer daweasel at swbell.net
Date: Sat Aug 23 16:24:01 CDT 2003

Was the old drive set up under NT or Linux? Was the old drive set up
with some sort of factory drive software to allow it to be recognized by
a motherboard that did not support that large a drive? Do you have more
than one hard drive in the system, and if so, are they set up as master
/ slave on the same cable, or master / master on different cables?

Also, Windows 9x will stagger the drive letters if you have multiple
hard drives installed -- ie:

Drive #1 has C: and D: on it from a previous computer and Drive #2 is
the boot drive in the new computer and has a C: and D: also.

When they are both in the new PC Drive #2 C: will show up as C:, Drive
#1 C: will show up as D:, and the D: drives will show up as E: and F: