[DPRG] C Compiler

Subject: [DPRG] C Compiler
From: Kipton Moravec kip at kdream.com
Date: Thu Aug 28 17:00:02 CDT 2003

Don't forget that logic will have to be included in the timing for the SRAM
and Flash memory speed.  If it is a 74HC type part it could add 12-ns
(check the exact part for certain) which means you would need faster flash
and SRAM parts or slower clock speed.

I am not trying to be arguementative. I just want to make sure you know the
options.

I look up a MC68332 as another option $9-$12

Look also at the Dragonball processor. (MC68EZ328) Huge memory space and is
glueless for DRAM and FLASH. C compuler is free (GNU)
http://e-www.motorola.com/webapp/sps/site/prod_summary.jsp?code=MC68EZ328&nodeId=03GGqrsBSlyFFQ1FRW
Damn, is going obsolete.  $4.98 price...

O.K. the MC68VZ328   $7-8 or
MC68SZ328 $10.

The newer Dragonball processors are ARM Risc based.  I do not know about
the tools for it.

Just to throw some more wrinkles into the mess.

Kip