[DPRG] "out-of-focus" issues

Subject: [DPRG] "out-of-focus" issues
From: chris cbrenizer at socket.net
Date: Mon Dec 8 10:34:01 CST 2003

on a less sarcastic note than my previous, and as only an observer from afar
and never attending any meetings...

i find DPRG enviable, in the apparent amount of resources and talent, going
by what's posted on this mailing list.  as a group encompasses more and more
resources it WILL require specialized concentration of some members or sub
groups that may not be directly in line with the initial goals.  but, none
the less, adds to the over all capacity of the entire group.

just like a lab may be centered on atomic research, they still must clear
the sidewalks, or mow the grass, or sweep the halls.  all things that allow
the 'real' focus to be pursued.  and pursued better.

but i'm talking without really knowing the situation.  which is more fun
than anything else, but easily subject to being wrong...

chris brenizer