"Jeff Koenig" <jkoenig@airmail.net>: Re: [DPRG] USB

Subject: "Jeff Koenig" <jkoenig@airmail.net>: Re: [DPRG] USB
From: Charlie W Youngblood chaz128 at juno.com
Date: Tue Dec 9 12:46:35 CST 2003

I dont know about Microchip, but I have some ad on boards for
the PC, that's called "P rogrammable  I nterupt  C ontroller" by it's
maker.

Charlie Youngblood
DPRG Librarian
>From: "Jeff Koenig" <jkoenig at airmail.net>
To: "'DPRG List'" <dprglist at dprg.org>

Bob Jordan typed:

> What is (Atmel's) AVR jargon for?

>From memory, Atmel claims it is a meaningless acronym.  However, rumor
has
it that it is the initials of the (three?) developers.  Can anyone
verify?

BTW, Microchip's "PIC" is similar - it has its roots in General
Intstrument's "Peripheral Interface Controller".  If you ask Microchip,
they
will say that "PIC" doesn't stand for anything.

-Jeff