[DPRG] Re: New SONY running robot

Subject: [DPRG] Re: New SONY running robot
From: Will Martin willm at whmcustomservices.com
Date: Fri Dec 19 17:36:00 CST 2003

I really think you are wrong. Or is personal opinion not allowed here
either?  I was establishing what I believe to be some fundemental
shortcomings that are directly inhibiting robotics research.  I agree
that ROI is a factor, but the underlying premise of ROI is
Capitalism.  Sorry I stroked you wrong or whatever, I apologize to
everyone.  I won't post on this again.

--Will

> 	I really think the political rants should find another forum.
> Neither robots, nor money or lack thereof, nor any man-made object or
> institution is going to cure society's ills.
>
> 	Humanoid bots are cool and all, but until they show a practical
> use with a reasonable ROI, nobody who's interested in keeping their
> business alive is going to put much stock in them.
>
> Regards,
>
> another Peter

Behalf
> Of Pete Miles
>
> I will have to agree with Will on this one.  Why would a battery
company
> invest millions into developing a battery that can last a year, when
> they make billions selling batteries that last only a few hours?
They
> won't.  In the end, it is all about money.  Those that have money
want
> more money, and they want to keep the rest uf us addicted to needing
> money.
>
> Pete

WILL