[DPRG] Re: New SONY running robot

Subject: [DPRG] Re: New SONY running robot
From: Will Martin willm at whmcustomservices.com
Date: Fri Dec 19 22:35:01 CST 2003

Peter,

No apology is necessary.  Although I am a true blooded capitalist
myself, my political stance has nothing to do with this conversation
at all.  I was simply disagreeing that our level of technological
advancement was incapable of producing a fully functional, humanoid
robot sometime within the next fifty or so years.  It was stated that
we are technologically 1 to 2 centuries away from being able to create
something able to mimic human thought and interaction.  It was also
stated that unless ROI margins were favorable, no corporation would
touch a program like this.  If that is so, what are Sony and Honda
doing?  What ROI are they seeing that US companies do not?  I was just
hoping for a little more discussion on that end of the spectrum.  I
too chuckle at the absurd thought of being “served” by robot
underlings, but the possibilities of it happening are very real.

Back to reality - how did Sony do Qrio?

--Will