[DPRG] Re: ( was switcher)

Subject: [DPRG] Re: ( was switcher)
From: David P. Anderson dpa at io.isem.smu.edu
Date: Sat Dec 27 17:43:01 CST 2003

Hey Kip,

So the idea is to use the higher voltage directly, then reduce the software
loop gain to compensate?  Sort of like biasing the control range down
toward shorter PWM widths, by increasing their heights?  Hence getting
back more head room?

But the battery still discharges along some slope, and the robot, when "tuned"
to work well at the middle of that slope, does not work well at _either_ end.

At the low end it doesn't have anough torque and seems sort of like its drunk.
At the hi-end it's too jerky and hyper.  Wouldn't this be the same?

Easy enough to test, I'll get back to you...

dpa