[DPRG] Columbia infrasound

Subject: [DPRG] Columbia infrasound
From: David P. Anderson dpa at io.isem.smu.edu
Date: Sat Feb 1 20:26:01 CST 2003

Dan,

Normal shuttle re-entry all we see is the pressure wave
("sonic boom") which the seismologists call an N wave,
just a positive going peak followed by a negative going
peak, like a capital N.  We've never seen anything like
this.  It looks most like a ripple fired mining explosion.

good to hear from you Dan!

dpa