[DPRG] Shuttle debris

Subject: [DPRG] Shuttle debris
From: Charlie W Youngblood chaz128 at juno.com
Date: Fri Feb 7 13:45:02 CST 2003

All,
	Personally, I pronounce it Du Moins, and Denton is
pronounced Dentn. You can always tell a new transplant doing
the news when they lay heavy on the DenTON! :-) I think a lot of
it is a regional thing. The real reason is English is a Germanic
language with Latin rules. And then a host of other languages
are introduced. Thus making it a "streusel"! "Very interestink, Ya?"

Charlie Youngblood
DPRG Librarian

>From: Rodent <daweasel at swbell.net>

De Plane! De Plane!

Why is Des Moines, IA pronounced Day Moyns, but Des Plaines, IL
pronounced
Dess Playns? And how come Miami, FL is pronounced My Yam Eee, while
Miami,
OK is pronounced My Yam Uh.

But if that stupid french butt-head who claims a plane did not hit the
Pentagon says anything about the shuttle, I'm gonna track him down
personally.