[DPRG] First board recommedations.

Subject: [DPRG] First board recommedations.
From: Kipton Moravec kip at kdream.com
Date: Sun Feb 9 19:03:01 CST 2003

It depends on what you want to do.

You probably will not outgrow the Mini Robomind.  But it is sophisticated and you will spend many hours understanding all it has to offer.

The Rabbit 3000 module is also interesting, (it has 6 serial ports)

The Stamp is slow, but it is probably the easiest to get up and running.  (Rabbit is probably #2)

New Micro's http://www.newmicros.com has a variety of inexpensive microcontroller boards.  I started with their $39 special 8051 board, (with software).  NMIY-0031 Years later still using the 8051.  The ISOPOD is also interesting.

Kip