[DPRG] Shuttle Material Recovery (was: Shuttle debris)

Subject: [DPRG] Shuttle Material Recovery (was: Shuttle debris)
From: Dan Miner miner at centtech.com
Date: Mon Feb 10 16:16:00 CST 2003

>From Thursday morning to Sunday evening, I was out with the
Police recovering shuttle material.  After having seen hundreds
of pieces of material, I can say there are some items that are
obviously from the shuttle.  There are some that are obviously
NOT from the shuttle.  There are also some that are unknown and
are "bagged and tagged" to let the NASA experts figure it out.

Yes, many farm tractor parts are sent in just in case they are
really shuttle parts.  Better to error on that side of uncertainty.
At the central location where the material is collected, there
are NASA experts to filter out the obvious NON-shuttle parts like
mud flaps.

				- Dan Miner