[DPRG] RBNO

Subject: [DPRG] RBNO
From: Rodent daweasel at swbell.net
Date: Wed Feb 12 21:40:01 CST 2003

Ideally you want to build up the computer and get it to a functional state
with all software, drivers etc... loaded, preferably with a second drive for
user data. Use Ghost or something similar to back up the entire OS /
application partition, so that if / when someone hoses the installation you
can restore it quickly without having to reload the OS and go through all
the headaches.

We set up a PC this way for testing a complete software installation. After
each attempt it took about 2-3 minutes to restore a virgin software load
versus hours loading Winders and all the other drivers.