[DPRG] Black masking tape

Subject: [DPRG] Black masking tape
From: Dave Hylands dhylands at broadcom.com
Date: Tue Feb 25 10:03:01 CST 2003

Hi Dan,

I think that you'll find that the black electrical tape works quite well.
Yes it is a bit shiny to visible light, but it seems to work fine with the
IR light that the Lego sensors use.

It also only tends to be shiny when viewed at an angle. Viewed straight on,
it doesn't appear shiny. Maybe there are different brands of electrical tape
with different amounts of shinyness. The stuff I use seems to be half way
between matte and shiny (I guess semi-gloss).

There is also black hockey tape, which is typically made out of cloth. You
might find that this stuff is MUCH stickier than electrical tape and leaves
lots of residue behind when you want to remove it.

--
Dave Hylands
Vancouver, BC, Canada