[DPRG] Hardware

Subject: [DPRG] Hardware
From: tester140 at juno.com tester140 at juno.com
Date: Wed Feb 26 16:16:00 CST 2003

News alert! Well I thought it was cool anyway. I went by Fry's, and
picked up
a 52X CDROM for $19.99, and a bare bones computer for $199! The CDROM
will only be at that price till the end of the day tomorow, 2-27-03, then
the price
goes back up to $29.99. The limit is one per customer, so get em while
you can.
The computer has case and power supply, 16XDVD ROM, motherboard with
builtin video, dual USB, serial, parallel, eithernet, sound, game, dual
IDE, and
900MHZ cpu. The only drawback is no floppy connection. You would need to
use an external floppy drive. To some that's no problem. It also comes
with all
the drivers needed for the hardware. If you feel it is safe enough, today
would
be a good time to go, the place was sorta emty when I went. If not, then
tomorow
is good. They have stacks of em. I'm bringing one to the next RBNO if we
still
need one for a work station.
	BTW, I'm planning on bringing a couple of laptops to the next contest,
so if any programming software needs to be loaded, let me know so there
is
enough time to load it and test run it.
	Also Vicki, a question about the ram for the laptop. Will it take any
more?
The one I recieved from you already has 96 meg.

Charlie Youngblood
DPRG Librarian