[DPRG] Where to get steel for a Sumo Ring?

Subject: [DPRG] Where to get steel for a Sumo Ring?
From: LJGeib at aol.com LJGeib at aol.com
Date: Fri Feb 28 09:32:00 CST 2003

look here-  <A HREF="http://www.nwrst.com/rules.html#ch2">http://www.nwrst.com/rules.html#ch2</A>  this is a direct port in
english from the current Japanese rules

<snip>
A dohyo is a cylinder with a height of 5 cm (2 in.) and a diameter of 154 cm
(60-5/8 in.), consisting of aluminum base and black, steel sheet metal on
top.
The top surface is a 154 cm (60-5/8 in.) diameter, cold-rolled steel sheet
(ASTM A366) with a thickness of 3.2 mm (1/8 in.). The surface will be flat
and smooth using a non-glossy black Melamine coating that was baked on at 130
degrees Celsius for 30 minutes.
<snip>

good luck with the melamine part. I had no luck with this - the widest sheets
I could find were 30" and will punt to a two part plyurethane paint, which
should be at least as tough. there is apparently a melamine paint available
>from canadian sources, but I found no one here with experience with this.

Larry