[DPRG] Dead reckoning.

Subject: [DPRG] Dead reckoning.
From: Charlie W Youngblood chaz128 at juno.com
Date: Thu Jun 5 09:18:01 CDT 2003

Right now I'm just going to keep it to one processor. Since I'm currently
working with the BOE BOT platform, then I want to see what can be done
with it. Later I will probably build or hack another platform. Thanks for
the
info. I'll have a look and use it for reference. (Future fancy robot?)
:-)

Charlie Youngblood
DPRG Librarian
>From: "Earl Bollinger" <earlwbollinger at attbi.com>
To: "'Charlie W Youngblood'" <chaz128 at juno.com>, <dprglist at dprg.org>

I use the http://www.al-williams.com/oldindex.htm PAKVII Pulse input
coprocessor to good effect. You connect using TTL level serial com-
munications. Basically you clear the PCKVII, then every now and then
check the pulse counts on the two wheels/motors/whatever. Then you
can deal with the counts as needed. The PAKV PWM coprocessor works
the same way if your wanting to PWM a motor via a motor controller too.
He has basic stamp code examples too.