[DPRG] FRS Radios

Subject: [DPRG] FRS Radios
From: Rodent daweasel at swbell.net
Date: Mon Jun 9 07:59:01 CDT 2003

The stuff I read when they first talked about them said they found some
loophole that allowed a data burst of less than a certain length was legal.
I was thinking it was less than 1 second.

In any event, its probably not legal to use the FRS radios as a data link,
but the odds of getting caught are pretty slim. On the other hand the
airwaves can be quite crowded, because these things are so cheap that
parents use them as electronic leashes for their kids, and bubba takes them
hunting so he can tell redneck jokes to his buddy in the next tree stand
over.