[DPRG] Re: FRS Radios

Subject: [DPRG] Re: FRS Radios
From: Bill Boyer daweasel at swbell.net
Date: Tue Jun 10 20:07:00 CDT 2003

Re-read the specs --

http://www.garmin.com/products/rino/spec.html

"**Location sending/receiving only available on FRS channels. Minimum
time between updates is 10 seconds as specified by FCC."

The GPS data are not sent on GMRS frequencies, which require a license
anyway.

Since these are very simple radios and the GPS data are sent when you
press the TALK or CALL keys and only sent to other units on the same
channel, I doubt they have some secret non-FRS frequency they use.