[DPRG] Re: FRS Radios

Subject: [DPRG] Re: FRS Radios
From: Rodent daweasel at swbell.net
Date: Tue Jun 10 20:44:01 CDT 2003

Dang, I better keep an eye out for them black helicopters and put on my
aluminum foil deflector beanie.

If you dig way back to the beginning of this thread, we were exploring the
various options for inexpensive wireless data transmission. Someone
mentioned the free after rebate FRS units at Fry's and I mentioned these GPS
/ FRS units and could transmit data GPS. We were already aware of the legal
issues, and I don't think any of us said, "hey, its illegal, but what the
heck."

Have you ever participated in a brainstorming session? Part of the reason
they are so successful is that every idea imaginable is thrown out on the
table, no matter how silly. Once you run out of ideas, you weed out the bad
ones and go with what looks like it will work.