[DPRG] Re: FRS Radios

Subject: [DPRG] Re: FRS Radios
From: rten at new.metronet.com rten at new.metronet.com
Date: Wed Jun 11 16:39:01 CDT 2003

A long time ago, we used tone pairs to designate "0" and "1" for recording
Kim-1 (and clones) programs on audio tape. Could a similar scheme be used
to encode the telemetry data?

Even using "premium" tapes, I found it necessary to build a test program
to pre-qualify the tapes, and to run the tape for several seconds to be
sure to bypass wrinkles in the beginning end of the tape. It was also
helpful to wind the tape end-to-end to be sure the entire tape was wound
with equal tension across the length of tape for better reliability.
Ralph