[DPRG] Clubhouse, et al

Subject: [DPRG] Clubhouse, et al
From: Jeff Koenig jkoenig at airmail.net
Date: Fri Jun 13 13:00:02 CDT 2003

Kip wrote:

>I do not picture "The Lab" as a place where we socialize.  There is also
>now a tradition of having food at the Tuesday RBNO.  It is more than just a
>Robotics Development place, it is a place: to socialize, to eat, to pondor
>the theory of things robotic, (and not so robotic), to network for new
>business opportunities, to test robots, to get help with problems, to get
>on the internet, and to use the software tools installed on the computers.

Uh, Kip, from the warm halls of academia to the cold world of business, from
DOD secret facilities to workspaces which consist only of plywood spanning
sawhorses, I think you've inadvertantly defined what a "Lab" is perfectly.
At least, in my experience.   :-)

Kind of like the word "school"...it can be used in the sense of high
learning, or in the sense of a group of fish.  Each is accurate.

With Kind Regards,
Jeff