[DPRG] Warehouse A/C

Subject: [DPRG] Warehouse A/C
From: Randy M. Dumse rmd at newmicros.com
Date: Tue Jun 24 16:22:00 CDT 2003

> Do you really think it will run 24/7? After all it
> does have to cool down a
> bit at night and if you're only pushing a 20 - 30
> degree temperature
> differential in the server room I'd guess you need
> less than a 75% duty cycle.

Duty cycle depends more on air exchange between the room and the
environment around the room than anything (except maybe for the
exchange by ducting). An AC set in the middle of a hot room
without any venting, will certainly run 24/7, and make the room
hotter!

I just looked at my electric bill, and see our daughter manages
to add about $90 to the bill on her appartment (separate meter)
using a 110 AC unit like the one being considered in the summer
without difficulty. I'd expect a similar usage in this case.

And yes, you can have 90 degree nights here in TX. Humid too.

Randy