[DPRG] Looking for code: 16550 UART initalization

Subject: [DPRG] Looking for code: 16550 UART initalization
From: Clay Timmons ctimmons at cadence.com
Date: Thu Oct 2 00:15:01 CDT 2003

One more minor problem using dear old DOS...

I'm using the DOS mode command to set the baud rate on COM1,  mode COM1:19200,n,8,1
I would like to set the baud rate higher since the hardware (16550 UART) supports it.
The DOS mode command only goes to 19.2K BAUD so I will need another way to set
the UART to higher speeds.

Does anyone know where I might find some source code, C or assembly,  to initialize
a 16550 type UART?

Does anyone know of an alternative to the DOS mode command to set the COM port
Baud rate?

Regards,

-Clay-