[DPRG] looking for black wire mesh, speaker grill material

Subject: [DPRG] looking for black wire mesh, speaker grill material
From: Bill Boyer daweasel at swbell.net
Date: Thu Oct 2 08:28:01 CDT 2003

The stamped stuff with the diamond-shaped holes is called expanded
metal. You can get it with various sized holes up to God-awful huge. If
you want cheap you can go to a building supply and ask for lath -- the
stuff they nail to the wall to make plaster stick to it.

The heavy formed mesh is something different and may be more difficult
to find. I was thinking i had seen pre-made speaker grilles / frames in
this stuff at the car audio shops.