[DPRG] Atmel AVR Programming Problems

Subject: [DPRG] Atmel AVR Programming Problems
From: Dale Wheat dale at dalewheat.com
Date: Sat Oct 4 15:55:02 CDT 2003

Kip,

> I downloaded the AVR Studio 4.0 and the AT90S1200 is not listed as an
> option for a chip.

The AT90S1200 has been discontinued, as has the AT90S2313.  We're all sad to
see them go.

> Now what do I do?

Depending on what you were wanting to do, you have several options.  You can
program the chip using PonyProg from LancOS in Italy:

 http://www.lancos.com

It works with many interfaces, including the STK200 dongle.

You can also use avrdude, which now comes bundled (and well-integrated) with
WinAVR, the GNU GCC port for the AVR series.  It works with the STK500,
among other interfaces.

Thanks,

Dale Wheat
http://dalewheat.com