[DPRG] Atmel AVR Programming Problems

Subject: [DPRG] Atmel AVR Programming Problems
From: Earl Bollinger earlwbollinger at comcast.net
Date: Sat Oct 4 18:58:01 CDT 2003

Actually AVRSTudio4 doesn't really support the 1200 directly, only
indirectly via the programmer tools.
I am using AvrStudio 3.53 and it works fine with a 1200 in debug
simulator mode. I just assembled and debug single step traced the
AVR910a 1200 assembly code program with it no problems at all. Version
3.56 should work fine as they merely did a minimal upgrade to support
the programmers after they've upgraded them to support ver 4.06-07. I'll
have to upgrade my old Studeio 3.53 to 3.56 eventually, but I haven't
had to yet.

I typically use BASCOM AVR and only use AvrStudio to program the MCU's.

Sorry, I didn't know you wanted to use the debuggers and simulators.
You'll need the old ICE-100 or 200 if you want to InCircuit debug.