[DPRG] Atmel AVR Programming Problems

Subject: [DPRG] Atmel AVR Programming Problems
From: Kipton Moravec kip at kdream.com
Date: Sun Oct 5 17:05:05 CDT 2003

I just got back from Earl's.

We could not get the AT90S1200 to work. It comes from the factory set to
use an external crystal, and will not allow you to change to the internal
RC osc. unless you program it with a high voltage programmer.

For some reason after using a crystal we could still not program it.  We
could ID it, erase it, but it failed on programming.

Finally we gave up and used a AT90S2313 and it worked.

We were able to test the LED's the vibration sensor, and the Sound output.

I have a interesting vibration sensor.
http://www.msiusa.com/download/pdf/english/piezo/ldt0.pdf

You can get it from Digikey.  It is not quite sensitive enough  But we put
a piece of masking tape on it to lengthen it and it became sensitive
enough.  We used a comparator in the AVR.  Because of the sensitivity, we
ended up comparing it to ground.  It is a little piezo device which looks
like a capacitor. As it flexes it generates a positive voltage in one
direction and a negative voltage in the other  Fortunately a flex in the
positive direction is enough to detect.