[DPRG] Atmel AVR Programming Problems

Subject: [DPRG] Atmel AVR Programming Problems
From: Earl Bollinger earlwbollinger at comcast.net
Date: Tue Oct 7 06:39:01 CDT 2003

I've been tinkering with things.
When we swapped out the 1200 for a 2313 I still had the old 1200 so I
put it onto a small PCB that I had.
I then wired it up for parallel programming.
Anyway, after a lot of aggravation, I found that I had to use a 9vdc
adapter versus the regular 6vdc adapter on the ATK500, in order to get
12v for the high voltage part of the programming. Then the 1200 would
program just fine and you can set the fuses bits as needed. The RCEN
fuse bit, Internal versus external oscillator works fine.
The other MCU's, I tested with, apparently don't need 12v to parallel
program, so that threw me off.

The problem now is the SPIEN fuse bit, even if you set the bit, you
can't ISP program it. It fails on ISP programming.
So I'll have to think about that some more.