Fw: [DPRG] [Fwd: Evolution Robotics Reduces Price of ER1 for the Holiday Season - Media Alert]

Subject: Fw: [DPRG] [Fwd: Evolution Robotics Reduces Price of ER1 for the Holiday Season - Media Alert]
From: Gordon McComb gmccomb at gmccomb.com
Date: Sat Oct 18 20:14:01 CDT 2003

It might indeed have been the store demo. Even if it is, $99 is a killer
price, well worth the control box and vision software alone.

Suggestion: Get a better camera than the one that comes with the kit. The
better the camera, the better the vision results.

The controller only operates stepper motors, but several folks, including a
member of the San Diego robot group, have modified it to operate DC motors.
His design kept the ramping functions, and I believe, he added closed-loop
odometry for the open-loop stepper control.

-- Gordon