[DPRG] whats a wheg? and then some

Subject: [DPRG] whats a wheg? and then some
From: Earl Bollinger earlwbollinger at comcast.net
Date: Sat Oct 18 22:38:01 CDT 2003

The wheg is just what they show in the magazine article. A picture is
worth a thousand words.
Yes the Tamiya gearboxes work Ok, they have a good amount of torque but
it depends on what you powering though.
     6 volts is OK, as long as you don't stall them out. I typically run
them at 6v or 4.8v myself. They do give off more ozone though than at
3v.
The OEM version basic stamps usually are priced OK, you can also check
out PH Anderson's website and get one of his OEM student kits.
http://www.phanderson.com/stamp/homebrew.html
   it only costs $21 for the cash strapped people.