[DPRG] Detecting Water Ahead to avoid the Water trap

Subject: [DPRG] Detecting Water Ahead to avoid the Water trap
From: chris cbrenizer at socket.net
Date: Wed Oct 22 22:38:01 CDT 2003

this is where the artificially intelligent are separated from artificial
intelligence... or some sage saying like that.

i envision a day when my robot forces the toaster or some home stereo
component to go ahead of it, to sound the depth of  puddles, steepness of
stairs, or busy-ness of streets.

all at the point of a menancing rechargable soldering iron.  if the toaster
doesn't make it, my robot will recruit another appliance and try a different
route...  unless it can get its gripper on the neighbor's cat.