[DPRG] Looking for DC Geared Motor for Jack-in-a-Box

Subject: [DPRG] Looking for DC Geared Motor for Jack-in-a-Box
From: chris cbrenizer at socket.net
Date: Sun Oct 26 11:03:00 CST 2003

garage door openers have more than enough heft and are slowed down.  they
some times show up at thrift stores without the remotes.  all the motor
electronics are there.

but i'm fairly sure they'd not 'free-wheel' to let jack pop up.  as a matter
of fact they are probably designed not to, so the garage door doesn't crash
down.

you'd probably have to mechanically release a winch for one to work.

or modify the garage door manual release, as well as the length.