[DPRG] Looking for DC Geared Motor for Jack-in-a-Box

Subject: [DPRG] Looking for DC Geared Motor for Jack-in-a-Box
From: Charlie W Youngblood chaz128 at juno.com
Date: Mon Oct 27 09:07:01 CST 2003

I will be bringing a dc motor for a car window to RBNO. I think it works.
You are welcome to it.

Charlie Youngblood
DPRG Librarian
>From: Kipton Moravec <kip at kdream.com>
To: DPRG List <dprglist at dprg.org>

I am looking for a hefty DC geared motor.   My father-in-law wants to
build
a big jack-in-the-box for a lawn Christmas ornament.  We are looking at a

4'x4'x4' box The head would pop out another 4 feet or so.  This will give

you an idea of size.

I am trying to figure out how to mechanically build it, and decided to
use
a motor to pull it down and let it pop up by winding and unwinding a
cable.  I will try to balance it by using a lever with counter weights,
but
it will still need a heavier motor than what I normally use for our
robots.  Does anyone have any suggestions?  Surplus (e.g. low cost) would

be great!

Kip