[DPRG] temp sensors atmel programming

Subject: [DPRG] temp sensors atmel programming
From: Frank & Gail Elia elia_frank at hotmail.com
Date: Tue Oct 28 18:14:01 CST 2003

Hey y'all

Sorry I missed rbno, got a long weekend diving in Cozumel and had to catch
up a few things at work before leaving.

I've been goofing around with LM35 temp sensors for a body temp monitoring
system for diving. They seem pretty darn accurate right out of the box. The
biggest problem is they use their leads for temp sensing, so shrink tubing
protection throws them off a bit. Adding an offset looks to be no problem.

For the prototype, I'm using a 90s8535 atmel chip. It has built in 8 channel
ADC, uart and rtc and enough pins to make lcd control, and I2C rom and
managing momentary switches straight forward without sharing pins. And
perhaps the most important reason - I had one in my i/c box.

I've got it pretty much breadboarded up and have started basic programming.
I hope to have enough going that I can bring it to RBNO next week and get
some help from you atmel programming whizes. It's pretty straight forward,
but I've never used the uart, rtc or adc.

Frank