[DPRG] Membership...

Subject: [DPRG] Membership...
From: Dan Gates topazx2 at yahoo.com
Date: Wed Sep 3 23:16:00 CDT 2003

Ok Bill Boyer,
 Now you're swinging below the belt! This is exactly what I mean by
your membership making outsiders feel unwelcome. Does your whole group
feel that announcing ROBOT related competitions that are FREE to
compete at are spam and commercial advertising? Or is this only the
thinking of a few like yourself?  As the president of SORS and the
moderator/owner of several Robotic message boards (some of which you
use) I encourage other groups to post notices and updates about their
ROBOTIC events! I also encourage ROBOTICs vendors to post information
about their new products that may help me build better ROBOTS. After
all, isn't this a ROBOTICS club??? So in your words, I can't talk about
Robotic events (other than RoboRama), I can't talk about Robotic items
that I've designed, I can't express my thoughts on how things are run
at DPRG... What can an outsider talk about on this groups board? Now I
remember why I just lurk. If it weren't for the three or four decent
people on this mail list I'd probably opt out. I hope there are a few
people who like to hear about what else is happening in the robot world
outside of DPRG. I know a few have emailed me Off List saying how they
don't agree with the general concensis of the group and have
appologized for the rudness of other members.
 If anyone else wants to slam me, please do so off list so others don't
have to read it.
-Dan