[DPRG] Robot Body

Subject: [DPRG] Robot Body
From: Dale Wheat dale at dalewheat.com
Date: Tue Sep 9 12:18:01 CDT 2003

Ryan,

> Good morning. I'm new to the list, but let me introduce myself.

Welcome to the list!

> Quick question:  I'm more into the electronic/MPU side of things, so I was
wondering if anyone knows where I can get just a real cheap robot body frame
(w/ 2 dc motors, driver not even necessary) just as a starting block.

For a nice selection of small and exceedingly affordable robot bases, try
Gordon McComb's Budget Robotics:

http://www.budgetrobotics.com

If you'd like to see some of these robot bases in person, plan on attending
the upcoming RoboRama at the Science Place in Fair Park.  There will be
several in attendance.  I have three, two of which will be running in
various RoboRama competitions.

Although I haven't seen these yet myself, Pololu has what appears to be a
nice little base available in the same price range.  See their web site for
details:

http://www.pololu.com

Thanks,

Dale Wheat