[DPRG] help making a dual threaded shaft?

Subject: [DPRG] help making a dual threaded shaft?
From: Clay Timmons ctimmons at cadence.com
Date: Tue Sep 9 22:15:01 CDT 2003

Ralph,

Here is some lovely ASCII art of what I'm building.

               Left       |       |    Right
                Jaw      ||       ||    Jaw

For this arrangement you must use a double threaded shaft.
Otherwise both jaws will move in the same direction.

Do you know another approach that can move the jaws open/closed
with a simple threaded rod?  (using only one motor)

Thanks,

-Clay-