[DPRG] Help making a dual threaded shaft

Subject: [DPRG] Help making a dual threaded shaft
From: chris cbrenizer at socket.net
Date: Wed Sep 10 12:52:00 CDT 2003

   nut  threads  gears
      |       |          |
  ////[]/////////////////:
 ////////////////[]//////:  _
                  |      :-|_
                nut        |
                         motor
 this would be a better layout, and allow gear reduction.  the motor could
sit under the first threaded rod more, so looking down the throat of the
gripper (top view?) could be

//| |////////////| |//:
//| |////////////| |//:-[

   |              |       |
'gripper fingers'  'motor'

the fingers could then be two identical pieces ( 1 just flipped) with an
offset threaded hole and a notch to clear the other threaded rod.  and maybe
a hole for an alignment rod

|__O  |  |    O__|  - alignment rod hole
     | O|  |O |         - threaded hole

but i like the idea of a turnbuckle.  i'll have to dig one out and mess with
it