[DPRG] BGA Package....

Subject: [DPRG] BGA Package....
From: Wade A Smith warm38 at juno.com
Date: Sat Sep 13 06:58:01 CDT 2003

the efi332 board (www.diy-efi.org) uses a socket with a 68332.  I dont
believe the 68332 is 10mips,
but you could find another cpu/mcu to put in such a socket. and that
would get you a lot closer.

On Fri, 12 Sep 2003 14:24:06 -0700 "FDB & HRB" <ferialb at mail.dci.co.ir>
writes:
Hi all,

Do you know if using ICs with BGA package is possible for us? I can
solder TQFP packages by hand, but what can we do about BGA package?

Hum....

Generally, I'm looking for a CPU/microcontroller to use. Processing power
of 10 MIPS or so would be fine. I prefer a 32-bit CPU but a 16-bit CPU
may be fine enough. I need it to be easy to solder (or has proper
socket), can be used with a 2-layer PCB, has a low cost C compiler (and
preferably, a low cost real time OS), has easy memory interface and so
on. Having internal flash and RAM will help much. Some thing with 1MB
RAM, 1MB flash, some timers, Ethernet port and some GPIO would be
excellent.

Any idea?

 Best Wishes,
  Hamid Reza