[DPRG] Line Following

Subject: [DPRG] Line Following
From: Earl Bollinger earlwbollinger at comcast.net
Date: Sat Sep 13 22:19:00 CDT 2003

Well they aren't very sensitive to white, or red LED's. I tried some
super brights and the photocells don't seem to react well to them.
At Randy's work room they did react really well to the overhead
florescent lighting though. The flood lights at the meeting today in the
Laser room didn't seem to garner much sensitivity either.
Bill Boyer suggested yellow LEDS as these are closer to what a
incandescent light bulb puts out, but I'll have to find some super
bright yellow LED's to test that idea.
Since a flashlight worked pretty wellat home, I am thinking about taking
the lense section and hanging it out over the front of the robot. Then
it can chase the light (carrot?) and follow the line too.
I think, if I was to hold a flashlight at the contest in front of the
robot, people might think it's following the light and not the line.
Which isn't all that bad actually, it's still showing autonomous light
following behavior and the robot still has no CPU, MCU or transistors on
board. :)

So I can have it start forward, when I shine a light on it, and it stops
when it reaches the white block at the end of the line following course.
Plus it can exhibit light following behavior while chasing a light aimed
just in front of it when it's following the line on the line following
course. :)