[DPRG] 4-hour contest

Subject: [DPRG] 4-hour contest
From: Earl Bollinger earlwbollinger at comcast.net
Date: Sun Sep 21 18:32:01 CDT 2003

Well, this was a good experience for what will happen when we get more
people to show up and enter bots. The Northwestern robot groups are
running two really long day sessions for their contests.
We still haven't had any local school groups bring in a number of bots
as part of their class projects. I can easily see 20-30 kids or more
showing up one day at Roborama. I am still surprised that we haven't had
any of the school class groups show up yet. That could be maybe 20-30
BOE bots or some other such robot like that.
We haven't really thought about what would happen if we had a hundred or
more contestants (not counting robots).
Maybe we should consider starting at 10:00 AM, lunch break, and a
afternoon session as well that would handle more contestants. If more
people enter then maybe an evening session as well, if the Science Place
will let us. We might even have to overflow into Sunday one day. Maybe
we should consider having a longer break between events too.