[DPRG] November's Contest

Subject: [DPRG] November's Contest
From: rten at new.metronet.com rten at new.metronet.com
Date: Sun Sep 28 19:44:01 CDT 2003

Some excellent points! However, in all judging we should avoid subjective
judging situations.
Ralph

On Sun, 28 Sep 2003, . wrote:

I was thinking that since there is no well defined judging rules
(everytime this comes up, its a can of worms ) I think that having the
general competition populace to vote as sort of a popularity contest would
be the most fair way to judge some of the various entrants in the
freestyle competitions.

It could be as simple as a brief description of what classifies for an
entrant in each category, and let the voters decide which they believe is
the most 'fried' or the most unique, most 'worked at home' or whatever the
category is.

Some categories may be better judged in some views by judges, but I think
that best engineered, even though it sounds like a structured category, is
still a very subjective thing on the best of days.

Categories like "Coolest Looking Robot" is totally subjective, and should
be a vote judgement rather than structured judging by judges. Many of the
Freestyle entrants may be all on their own in a category.. I hope that the
"most fried" category doesn't have a lot of competition :)